Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Glamorous Release Day



TOUCHED releases today.

7773320

I have read so many release day stories, which included book signings, travelling to bookstores, parties with cake and friends and champagne and all those good things.

But me? Today, I'm going to work. I'll eat lunch at my desk. I'll come home and take my daughter for her yearly physical. I will go to bed. I will not have received any congratulations from anyone in my "real" life about the release of my book. All the people that I deal with on a daily basis do not know it's release date for me. They know I'm an author, but they don't read, so they don't really care.


So that's release day. Pretty much just like any other day in my life.

But here's why I'm grateful. I have some really great online critique partners and friends that have helped me with TOUCHED, and I know that the book never would have made it into print without their help. Heather, Teri, Maggie, Mandy, Karen, and Brooke, I'm looking at you! Also, I owe the team at Delacorte and my agent, Jim, a huge debt of gratitude for putting up with my craziness. And I can not forget the bloggers who have taken the time to review TOUCHED and my other books on their blogs. And lastly, but most importantly, to all the readers... thank you. My day may be very ordinary, but I'm still releasing A BOOK, my 4th one, and to me, that's extraordinary, and all because of you.

ETA: I've learned that Barnes & Noble IS carrying TOUCHED!! This has made me so happy. Thank you to everyone for the congratulations, for helping me to spread the word, and most of all, for reading my work. It means so much to me. 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cyn, I loved the book and my review is up today. Your post makes me a little sad though as I feel you should do SOMETHING to celebrate. Don't ever stop writing, I love your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and Happy Book Release day!! It's in stock at my B&N - so jump around, be happy!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jumping, I'm jumping! That thrills me beyond belief!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulation! I have your book on my list from some time, and, maybe, are more people like me. So don't worry be happy! It's a great thing to write a book. So, Jennifer is right: jump around and be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am jumping! You are right, the act of writing a book is a great thing in itself... I need to keep reminding myself that!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Cyn!!! Last night I was at our monthly SCBWI schmooze at our new indie bookstore in Albuquerque and your book was on display with all the other new YA books - and I bought a copy!!!! Excited to read it! (I love the cover!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigosh, thank you so much Kimberley! I am so happy it made its way to Albuquerque, and into your hands, too! I hope you like it!

      Delete
  5. Elizabeth, the owner of Alamosa Books, LOVES Young Adult and reads everything that comes into the store. She's an avid, fast reader. Here's a link to a piece I did about the new store with some pics if you're curious. http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2011/09/alamosa-books-childrens-indie-albuquerque-mexico/

    Hope your book does well!
    ~Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she was super-nice! She emailed me awhile ago telling me that if I ever was in the neighborhood we should arrange a signing! So sweet. I wish I had the funds to do it right now, but if I ever do plan a trip it's the first bookstore on my list! XO, Cyn

      Delete